Do you have any questions? We are happy to help!
We have summarized the most frequently asked questions for you.
Frequent questions from tenants
Here you will find the most frequently asked questions when it comes to renting spaces at independesk.
Which information is needed to create an account?
To create your account you are only asked for your complete name and your email address. To complete a booking you will also need to enter a payment method (credit card).
How much does a desk cost per hour?
What kind of amenities do the spaces offer?
Can I book a desk for today?
We ask for it. Independesk offers you the highest flexibility when booking your desk. Starting immediately, you can book your workplace every 15 minutes.
How long in advance can I book a desk?
Is there a minimum booking time?
How can I pay for my bookings?
Will I receive an invoice for my booking?
Can I book a desk for someone else?
Is there a way for my employer to pay for my bookings?
What happens when my booking time ends? Can I extend it?
How can I cancel my bookings?
Can I bring my dog?
What can I do if there are no spaces nearby?
Frequently asked questions from space owners
Here you will find the most frequently asked questions when it comes to sharing spaces at independesk.
How can I offer my space?
Who can take part?
What are my advantages?
- We offer a direct increase in your online and offline reach through our marketing and press work.
- You can get a higher utilization of your existing infrastructure – and make an extra income.
- We extend your community by flexible users (eg. travelers, freelancers) that need a desk to work in the short term and regionally.
What payment methods are there?
Our payment processor for space providers is Stripe. You will be required to open an Express Stripe-Account to offer a space. Our service team will guide you through this process in case you need support. And we also have an explain video.
What are the minimum requirements for a space
We carefully review all registrations and make sure all information is correct.
Our minimum requirements for a Space are:
- On-site contact person
- Photo of the work space
- Clean workspace
- Access to electrical outlets
- Sufficient light source
- High-speed internet access (min. vdsl50 with 50MBit)
We do not allow registrations from: Living rooms and unfurnished rooms.
Recommendations for offering and booking of workspaces in Corona times
Of course, it is your responsibility if and what space you offer or use yourself. The following recommendations can help reduce health risks:
- Observe higher-level, regional and local official recommendations and guidelines, especially regarding prevention, protection and hygiene: Corona regulations in the federal states.
- Avoid public transportation (as much as possible). Use your car or switch to your bike. Let’s take advantage of coworking in your neighborhood to contribute to climate protection together, this is especially close to our hearts at independesk.
- Users should ask their spaces what they do to protect them from Corona, if it is not already listed on the website.
- Spaces please pay careful attention to all necessary protection measures including hygiene compliance (disinfectants, cleaning, etc.).
- Spaces please advise members of any special rules of conduct that apply to the Space in connection with the Corona crisis
Follow the AHA formula:
- Keep your distance (e.g., refrain from shaking hands).
- Observe hygiene (regular hand washing, disinfection of shared work equipment)
- Wear everyday mask
Stay home when you are sick and heal up first! Check regularly for updates on regulatory requirements. You can find further recommendations and guidelines on the following external pages of the Robert Koch Institute, the Federal Center for Health Education and the Federal Ministry of Health.
Can I decide to close my space on certain days?
Of course, you are in control of all your bookings and availabilities. You can decide the days, times and numbers of tables available. Specific days can be changed afterwards as well. And you can cancel all existing bookings up to 48 hours upfront in case you need to close your space.
Can I cancel a booking if my space is not available anymore?
Yes, you can cancel any booking for free through your dashboard.
Can I mark somehow that I am part of the independesk community and am offering a space?
Yes, once a space (for now in Berlin) has been published, we are trying to provide them with a welcome package, which contains all the needed signage to brand your space and enhance your hosting experience.
How much can I charge for my desk and my meeting room?
The choice of the price is up to you. We are asking for a daily rate (8h), which will be the basis price of calculation for the hourly bookings.
We recommand for a desk, depending on its location and amenities, a price of 20 to 30€ per day (2,5-3,75 € per hour). For the meeting rooms, we recommand you to charge more, starting by about 120€ per day (15€ perhour), depending on its size and equipment.
Are there any costs for listing a desk?
No, the general usage of our app is free. The listing of a space on independesk is free of charge. Once a booking at your space has been succesfully completed, and you have made some income, thats when we are asking for a comission of 20%.
How much can I gain by offering a desk through independesk?
It really depends on many factors, especially location and reachability. We can only recommand you to present your space in the best way possible. Feel free to reach out to us in case you need support with that.
Are there any hidden costs?
No hidden costs. We are subtracting our commission fee from the payments of the users. The rest is all yours. No additional fees to be accounted.
What is the comission that independesk is charging for its service?
Independesk will retain 20% of the price the users has payed for its desk.
Here you will find the most frequently asked questions when it comes to our company accounts for employees.
What is a company account?
A Company Account is an extension of the Standard Accounts. Additional options are activated with which your employees can be invited and managed. These can then be provided with a specific limited or unlimited budget for booking.
How can I register for a company account?
You should go through the same registration process as for the standard accounts. Afterwards, you will be able to select the option “Convert to Company Account” in the profile menu.